It seems like we cannot go a few days without hearing news stories focused on guns, and being safe when handling them is of utmost importance whether you are practicing on the firing range or establishing safety protocols in your home.
The National Shooting Sports Foundation® (NSSF®), the trade association for the firearms industry, has recently released a safety video called: “Introduction to Range Safety and Etiquette.”
It is designed to provide guidance for firearms use on shooting ranges both indoors and outdoors and is available on the NSSF website or watch it here on this post.
As gun sales rise, sales of gun safes also increase. Unfortunately, when demand is high for anything, it also opens the doors for products that are anything but safe.
In addition to protecting the family, particularly children, a gun safe is also vital for securing the guns so they are not stolen. For a gun safe to achieve this goal it must be durable – both the safe itself and the locking mechanism. Concealability can also be a factor, particularly with small handgun safes. In their article “How to Choose a Truly Safe Gun Safe” Sarasota locksmith offers some great suggestions on what to look for when buying a gun safe, these considerations include:
- Steel Thickness
- Country of Origin
- Mechanical Dial vs Electronic Keypad
MT2 Firing Range Services focuses on keeping firing ranges, shooters and the environment SAFE and is the #1 largest professional provider of the full scale of outdoor/indoor firing range environmental/maintenance/construction services; proven at over 2,000 ranges in all 50 states from our nationwide office network. Including:
- Environmental Stewardship Plan Services
• Comprehensive OSHA training program
• Knowledge of EPA regulations
• Our “Never Generate Hazardous Waste Guarantee.”
- Lead: Reclamation, Screening & Treatment to MAXIMIZE Your Lead Value!
• Environmental: EPA & OSHA Consulting;
• Remediation Maintenance: Filters/Ventilation, Rubber, Traps, Decontamination
• Construction: Renovation, Design/Build, Improvements, Closure.
Contact us today Get a FREE quote for your range at the most cost-effective & BEST VALUE
with the LOWEST RISK: 1-888-435-6645